Welcome to our Staff Handbook
Table of Contents
EMERGENCY – RED TAG
- Each class has a red tag that they use to inform the office of an immediate response being required.
- Gloves, band aids, sick bags, kitty litter and disinfectant are available from the office.
- Replacement hand sanitiser and refills are available from the school office.
- A copy of the classroom timetable should be displayed in the classroom and a copy sent to the office at the beginning of each term.
- These timetables must be kept up to date.
- Any class notes sent home must be viewed by the Principal, a copy provided for the office and filed in the notes home file.
- The school uses CONNECT to share information with families.
- Classroom paper and exercise books are ordered by the MCS and are stored in the photocopier room.
RELIEF TEACHER INFORMATION FILE
- Each classroom should have a Relief Teacher’s File to ensure that the relief teacher is adequately informed to meet the needs of students during the day/s.
- It is the responsibility of the classroom/specialist teacher to supply at least:
- Student Form List – to record absences to be sent to the office before 9.30am
- Lesson routines- for the class to run as normally as possible, in case of unexpected absence.
- The duties of your classroom Education Assistant, if you have one.
- Behaviour planning for your class/classes.
- A copy of the duty roster with your days highlighted
- Student Medical Information – highlight any high risks e.g. if Epipen required
- Term timetable
- Any other items you think will help a relief teacher
Please keep this file in the plastic document holder near the door of your classroom for relief access when needed.
- Sunscreen is available for students and staff in all classrooms.
- Replacement sunscreen is available from the school office.
WHITEBOARD SPRAY AND CLOTHS
- Replacements are available from the school office. Please do not use methylated spirits as its use in schools in banned and it also leaves a film on the whiteboards.