Welcome to our Staff Handbook
Table of Contents
- As a component of our Duty of Care requirements, three teachers will be on duty for recess and lunchtime.
- The eating time for lunch is from 12.50pm until 1.00pm with Year 1 and 2 students eating on the verandahs outside rooms 9, 10 and 11; Year 3 – 4 students eating in the undercover area and Year 5-6 students eating on the verandahs outside rooms 17, 18 and 19.
- Students remain seated while eating (recess, lunch, icy poles etc).
- No food is to be taken onto the oval.
- Note students with severe medical conditions and monitor any students with special needs.
- Recess duty: 10.20 – 10.40 am
- Lunch Duty 1 (eating): 12.30 – 12.45 pm (dismissed to play): 12.45 – 1.10pm
- students must remain seated until dismissed and are to clear their area of rubbish
- Lunch Duty 2 (playtime) – 12.45 – 1.10 pm
There are three overlapping duty areas (see map)
- Junior – Sandpit area behind rooms 9, 10 and 11; passageways; toilets, the Junior playground and one court
- Middle- undercover area, toilets near Music, the other court, passageway outside rooms 14,15 & 16, verandah from rooms 1 to the staff room
- Oval – Senior playground and new toilet block, oval and Naturescape playground, canteen area.
- Shared care- the care of ALL students is always the responsibility of ALL staff at ALL times.
- Students with significant injuries and those involved in serious incidents must be taken to see the Deputy Principal on duty in the office or Education Assistant in the medical room.
- Serious accidents requiring parent or doctor involvement must be written up on an Accident Form.
- If urgent assistance is required send the red tag from the duty bag to the Office with a responsible student.