Welcome to our Staff Handbook
- Show All Articles ( 112 ) Collapse Articles
Hats: Sun Smart Policy
Table of Contents
- Inglewood Primary is a Cancer Council Sun Smart School.
- All students and staff wear hats that protect their face, neck and ears whenever they are outside.
- Caps and visors are not considered a suitable alternative.
- Students without a sun protective hat are provided with a spare hat, where possible.
- Resources are available sunsmart.com.au
- All students must wear a hat (bucket hat is preferred, although any wide brimmed, bottle green hat is acceptable; caps are not) when they are outside.
- For short periods in the sun e.g. going to Library/Music or the toilet in class time, hats are not necessary.
- Children without hats will be restricted to the veranda or the covered assembly area during play time.
- For Physical Education and sport, students without hats will be seated in the shade to observe the lesson under the teacher’s supervision.
- For consistency, the policy will apply every day, regardless of weather conditions.
- It is important that children have suitable sunscreen, as well as hats, for swimming lessons, sporting carnivals and excursions.
- Teaching and non-teaching staff should ‘role model’ the wearing of hats when in the sun.