Welcome to our Staff Handbook
- Show All Articles ( 112 ) Collapse Articles
Table of Contents
- Please check with the Principal or deputies if you have a concern. As a guideline:
- Chicken pox – exclude until recovered or until at least one week after the eruption first appears.
- Conjunctivitis – exclude until treatment has commenced.
- Head lice – exclude until effective treatment has been instituted. A letter asking parents to check their child’s hair is sent home with all students in rooms where head lice are found.
- Impetigo (school sores) – exclude until effective treatment has been instituted.
- Measles (a notifiable disease) – incubation 7 – 21 days. Period of communicability is from 5 days before until 5 days after the appearance of the rash. Exclude child until medical clearance or for 4 days after appearance of rash. Non-immunised contacts should be excluded for 13 days after the appearance of rash in the last case identified in the school.
- Ringworm – exclude until appropriate treatment has commenced.
- Reference: “Communicable Diseases Booklet” (available at the Office).
IKON- Manage communicable disease risks and exposure