Welcome to our Staff Handbook

Insurance and Liability

Table of Contents
  • The Department of Education’s insurance coverage is with Government Insurance (formerly RiskCover), the Western Australian Government Treasury Managed Fund.
  • For general information about insurance cover email insurance@education.wa.edu.au. Do not contact Government Insurance.
  • DoE provides public liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance cover for employees and cover for voluntary workers for all approved educational excursions.
  • Departmental insurance does not cover personal accidents through misadventure nor loss or damage of personal belongings.
  • Teachers’ personal property on school premises being used for professional purposes is covered by insurance against fire, theft and vandalism with a maximum claim of $1000.
  • The policy does NOT cover cash, jewellery, sunglasses, mobiles or watches. Insurance does NOT cover cars or contents.
  • Laptops and iPad must be stored securely at all times or the claim will not be paid. Please ensure you lock your classroom doors to ensure the safety of your property.
  • Students and their property are not covered while at school or on school excursions.
  • If an excursion involves an overnight stay or students are on work placement, they are then covered for personal injury by Department of Education Personal Accident Policy.

IKON- Find information about insurance


Translate »