Welcome to our Staff Handbook
Mobile Phone Policy: Students
Table of Contents
- Students are strongly discouraged from bringing a mobile phone to school.
- The phone in the school office is available for emergencies or other important reasons. If parents need to contact their children, the school office is available to relay a message.
IKON- Understand the student mobile phone policy
Phones at School and School Activities
- It is recognised that sometimes there is a genuine need for students to have a mobile phone for use out of school hours.
- Students bringing mobile phones to school need to:
- Provide a letter of permission from the parent/carer.
- Ensure the phone is switched off until school finishes.
- Ensure the phone is labelled or otherwise identifiable.
- Staff may choose to lock the student’s switched off phone in their teacher desk or filing cabinet during the day.
- Students are prohibited from using mobile phones and other electronic devices during camps, excursions or other school activities.
- Arrangements will be in place for communication with staff members in the case of an emergency.
- If a student’s phone or watch is switched on or used inappropriately, it will be removed for safe keeping until collected personally by the parent or carer of the student.
- The school will contact the parent or carer to inform them.
- The school cannot accept any responsibility for theft, loss, damage or health effects (potential or actual) resulting from mobile phone use.