Welcome to our Staff Handbook
- Show All Articles ( 112 ) Collapse Articles
Occupational Safety and Health
Table of Contents
The Department will provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment in its workplaces.
- Employees will:
- take reasonable care for their own safety and health and avoid adversely affecting the safety or health of any other person through any act or omission at work;
- follow all instructions and safe working procedures established to protect their safety and that of others;
- report all identified hazards and accidents/incidents in the workplace to their line manager; and
- follow the steps in the Occupational Safety and Health Issues Resolution Process (Appendix C) for resolving occupational safety and health issues as agreed between the Department and relevant parties under the OSH Act
Available in the school office:
- Accident Incident Forms for visitors, students and staff,
- MSDS file of all chemicals stored at school (please do not bring chemicals from home to school) Note that Section 4 of all MSDS sheets is First Aid Instruction,
- Asbestos Register, and
- First Aid kit.
IKON- Access the Occupational Safety and Health legislation