Welcome to our Staff Handbook
Table of Contents
- Whole of staff meetings allow teachers and administrators the opportunity to discuss strategic matters which will improve school performance.
- To comply with clause 9.3 of the School Education Act Employees’ (Teachers and Administrators) General Agreement 2019;
- Full time teachers must attend 5 hours of whole of staff meetings per term outside the normal school day.
- Part time teachers must attend if their hours of duty at the school (including DOTT time) end just before the start of the meeting. The number of hours that a part time teacher must attend is not based on the fraction of their appointment. It is based on whether they are on duty just before the start of the meeting.
- These meetings can be used for collaborative purposes to improve the school’s performance, which may include groups of teachers working in phases of learning.
- The agenda, venue, frequency and timing of scheduled meetings convened, will be determined in consultation with staff. Staff meetings take place in weeks 2,4,6 and 8
- A record of the content of the term’s meetings will be kept.
These following norms have been developed and agreed on for all meetings
- Be on time and present
- Follow the set and timed agenda which also allows for reflection and actions to be agreed upon and followed
- Respect each other’s opinions and input whilst understanding the place others are coming from
- Communicate ideas and information effectively whilst being mindful of the participant’s/audience needs
- Participate and listen actively whilst allowing for only one person to speak at a time