Welcome to our Staff Handbook
- Show All Articles ( 112 ) Collapse Articles
Student Services Team
Table of Contents
- The Student Service Team plays a pivotal role in supporting K-6 teachers and students by using best practice collaborative strategies in the implementation of support strategies which cater for individual needs.
- The team, which meets regularly, consists of the Learning Support Co-ordinator, Wellbeing Officer, Deputy Principals, Principal and the School Psychologist.
- Concerned teachers initially complete a ‘Consultation Request’ form, which the team discusses at its meeting.
- The request may be for learning, behavioural, emotional, social or any other reasons that impact their education.
- Cases are discussed and appropriate actions to address concerns are planned.
- Comprehensive minutes of all meetings are taken and reports are kept.
- All information relating to any particular child is filed with that child’s school records in the secure store so teachers can access this information.
- Consent from parents is sought if school psychologist or wellbeing officer services are recommended.